Once the largest renewable energy developer in the world, SunEdison pushed boundaries with innovative solar financing techniques. SunEdison and founder Jigar Shah pioneered the Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) model for solar energy, a move that would unlock explosive solar growth around the world.
The the mid 2010s, SunEdison was growing at an incredibly fast rate. It seemed like each day brought another corporate acquisition and teams around the world were winning proposals for big contracts.
In light of the quick growth, SunEdison's Commercial and Industrial (C&I) Division was in dire need for marketing systems to support and drive sales forward. These included:
- CRM Buildout and Adoption
- Automated Email Campaigns
- Thought Leadership Development
- Proposal Templates and Automation
- Sales Collateral
- Customer Segmentation, Targeting, and Positioning
Prior to founding DG+Design, David Ganske served as Director of Brand Development at SunEdison where he led a team of bright, passionate individuals to support C&I business development efforts.
Here are some of the key accomplishments:
- Led creative design and marketing strategy for partnerships, campaigns, thought leadership, collateral, and messaging for C&I market opportunities both in the United States and internationally.
- Managed winning proposals for renewable procurement initiatives from leading
corporations and government agencies, including Amazon, Hewlett-Packard, and
the City of Long Beach in California.
- Developed an automated solar opportunity calculator for retail, hospital, data
center, K12, and university customers by analyzing state level utility tariffs, power
purchase agreement (PPA) rates, and solar insolation.
- Led an initiative to connect regional silos across country offices in order for SunEdison to better demonstrate its differentiating factor in the solar energy market as a global partner for corporate clients.
The images below represent samples of marketing collateral developed for SunEdison.
Want something similar for your organization? Contact us today →
Our work includes projects with utilities, solar and wind developers, non-profits, international organizations, and more.
Clean energy is a passion at DG+Design. From energy marketing to documentary filmmaking, we are focused on empowering others to grow the clean energy economy.
Let’s talk about your marketing and creative needs.
Simply fill out the form, book a meeting with us, or contact us directly. We're looking forward to hearing from you!