Astrum Solar served homeowners and small businesses in Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington, DC and West Virginia prior to being acquired by Direct Energy in 2014.
"Founded in 2008, Astrum Solar has installed approximately 4,000 residential solar systems in the Northeast U.S., California and Arizona. Astrum took off in 2011 after an investment from Constellation Energy gave this East Coast installer a guaranteed SREC offtaker in certain markets and allowed it to begin offering a solar lease in six of its twelve active state markets, according to GTM Research." (Greentech Media, July 2014)
Recently ranked #2 on Inc. magazine’s fastest growing private U.S. companies 2012 list, Astrum Solar was the leading full-service residential solar provider headquartered in the Eastern U.S.
As a fast growing company, Astrum Solar needed processes to streamline all departments, including sales, engineering, and installation. The company also pushed boundaries and expanded quickly into new solar energy markets, creating a need to hire new employees and capably train for success.
As Manager of Solar Operations at Astrum Solar, DG+Design's founder, David Ganske, held a key role in expanding the company's presence beyond its home state of Maryland.
David hired and led a new operations team for the first company branch office in New York while managing the company’s first 12 solar installations in the region.
Here are some of the accomplishment's with Astrum Solar:
- Led Astrum's expansion to New York State while collaborating with local permitting jurisdictions, NYSERDA, PJM Interconnection, National Grid, and other utility companies.
- Managed nearly 100 solar PV installations worth over $4.5 million and closed new project sales when assisting the business development team.
- Managed all activities for individual projects including customer communication,
incentive applications, and subcontractors.
- Developed and maintained corporate level relationships with leading solar industry manufacturers and distributors such as Enphase Energy, Ontility, Schüco USA, Tigo Energy, and Unirac
- Obtained certifications as a LEED Green Associate and as a NABCEP Solar PV Installation Professional.
Want something similar for your organization? Contact us today →
System Design and Operations
Our work includes projects with utilities, solar and wind developers, non-profits, international organizations, and more.
Clean energy is a passion at DG+Design. From energy marketing to documentary filmmaking, we are focused on empowering others to grow the clean energy economy.
Let’s talk about your marketing and creative needs.
Simply fill out the form, book a meeting with us, or contact us directly. We're looking forward to hearing from you!